Blog Views

Thursday, July 9, 2015

My response to questions re retirement

Sorry if I caused confusion with my tweets. I sent this statement to the journalists/writers who have been calling and texting asking about my possible retirement from basketball. Thanks for all your support!! :)

To those asking about my PBA status, first of all, we have to ask the ROS management if they are still interested to renew/extend my contract. I cannot just assume that they will keep me. We haven't spoken yet.

I initially intended to play in the PBA for just one contract period but now I'm reconsidering because I never thought I would still enjoy playing basketball this much at this level.
1) My teammates are just fun to be with and they are amazing players as well.
2) The owners and management are very easy to deal with and they are like family, no nonsense politics.
3) I like Coach Yeng's style of running a team & his basketball philosophy. I've been learning a lot and it is only recently that I've really been able to adjust and get my confidence and rhythm going, somewhat.
4) The ROS fans are the best!

As much as playing professional ball is enjoyable, it is also taxing physically, mentally & emotionally, which may compromise my quality of work for my other commitments.

At the end of the day, I am truly grateful to the Lord, the team, the fans and the support of my family. Basketball has been a great platform to promote my advocacies. I trust in God's plan and I pray that I will do what He wants of me.

Salamat sa lahat ng dasal at suporta!

Chris

6 comments:

  1. I will still support you no matter what your decision will be. God has a wonderful plan for you Kuya!! Good luck and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you lolo for posting this. pero pwede tumawad kahit 2yrs pa? hehe. anyway, thats a good decision! business is just right there waiting for you but basketball career has its own 'span' cos hindi ka naman makakalaro kahit na gusto mo pa...hindi naman na tayo 'bumabata' i know you have lots of things in mind that you wanted to do, thank you again for this...na pinagbigyan mo kaming fans mo :p Though i know that this is not only for us,fans, but it is your own decision to continue to love the game :) God bless and more power!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you! this really made me SMILE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. More power to whatever decision you may have! You'll always be our inspiration! God bless! Advance Happy birthday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris dont retire yet pls pls...we still want to see you play and inspire young athletes!! We'll support you!! Have a blessed birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris dont retire yet pls pls...we still want to see you play and inspire young athletes!! We'll support you!! Have a blessed birthday!!

    ReplyDelete